Continents And Oceans Of The World Blank Worksheet
Continents And Oceans Of The World Blank Worksheet – Living Systems 2.5- The student examines and understands that living organisms are part of a system. Key concepts included
2. World map booklet (adapted from http://www.enchantedlearning.com/geography/label/world/) 3. Pencil
Continents And Oceans Of The World Blank Worksheet
1. Make a mind map to remind students of the last time they learned about the things that are on our earth and how those things are organized. Remind them that they also explored a few different maps and learned that maps can teach us different things about different places.
World Map: Continents And Oceans
2. Tell students that they will now learn about continents and oceans by looking at some maps. Ask them to raise their hands to answer the question What is the ocean? What is a continent? Ask a few students to share their thoughts.
3. Ask the students to sit on the carpet facing the tripod board. Explain that an ocean is a large body of water on Earth. Explain that there are five large oceans on Earth: the Arctic Ocean, the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, and the Southern Ocean. Keep one of the world maps at National Geographics
4. Explain that a continent looks like a school, then draw a large rectangle to represent the school. Ask the students what is inside the school? Make a list of things inside the school on the board. This list may include classrooms, hallways, libraries, gymnasiums, desks, boards, chairs, carpets, flags, pencils, water fountains, food, etc.
Printable World Maps
5. Explain that like a school, a continent is a large piece of land with many things inside. Like Earth, continents contain both living and non-living things. However, continents are regions on Earth where some people live, but not all continents are inhabited by people. Tell the students that they will soon find out why.
7. After reading pages 8 and 9, write the following sentence on the board: “The earth is not flat like a sheet of paper.” Stand and ask students to explain what this might mean. Discuss the labeled landform images on pages 8 and 9. Then continue reading the book.
8. As you read the book, introduce students to each of the 7 continents and some of their important features. Stop and share some of the pictures from the book with the students and let them comment or ask questions.
World Oceans Reading Article
9. After reading the book, make a list of the 7 continents on the board and then ask the students the following questions:
1. After reading the book, ask students to go back to their desks and take out their interactive social studies notebooks. Ask student volunteers to hand in the world map templates.
2. Once each student has a map, ask students to memorize the names of the 7 continents. Record them on the board.
Free Worksheets On The Seven Continents
3. Turn on the document camera and make sure that the teacher’s empty world map is clearly visible.
4. Ask a student to come up and point to the continent of Antarctica. Ask other students to point to this continent. Discuss the location and shape of this continent.
5. Color the South Pole blue on the map below the document camera. Ask students to use one of their colored pencils to color Antarctica blue as well.
World Outline Map
6. Ask one student to point to one continent at a time, then ask all students to color that continent with the same crayon. Repeat this until every continent on the map is colored.
7. When each continent is colored on the map, look at the list of continents on the whiteboard and mark Antarctica on the teacher’s map using a black marker. Then ask the students to use their markers to correctly label the name of each continent and tell them that they can also use the list of continents on the board and the classroom map as a reference.
8. Once the continents are labeled, go around and check that each card is correctly colored and labeled. Help students who may need extra help, then finish labeling all the continents on the teacher’s map.
World Map Continents And Oceans Printable
9. After sufficient time, ask all students to place their markers. Explain that students who have not finished labeling the continents on their maps can do so later.
10. Ask one student at a time to come up and indicate the location of each of the 5 major oceans (Atlantic, Pacific, Arctic, Southern, and Indian). Demonstrate how to label one ocean at a time on the teacher’s chart and ask students to follow along to label the ocean in the same way.
12. Under the document camera, point to the equator on the teacher’s map. Ask the students if they know the name of this line that divides the earth horizontally. Explain that it is called the equator and is an imaginary line that divides the earth into northern (upper) and southern (lower) regions. Mark it as the equator on the teacher’s map and say it out loud as you mark it.
Continents & Oceans Printable Puzzle World Geography Map
13. Hold up the globe and show the students the equator. Explain that places near the equator receive more light and retain or store more sunlight than other places, so They are usually much warmer than elsewhere. The closer a place is to the equator, the warmer it is.
14. Point to the first meridian on the teacher’s chart as you spell the word out loud and ask students to feel their prime meridians. Use the globe to show students that the prime meridian divides our Earth into east and west halves.
15. Tell the students that the prime meridian and the equator together divide the earth into four regions based on the direction of the compass rose. Tell them to review the directions on the compass to better understand this concept. Then ask them all to stand.
Printable, Blank World Outline Maps • Royalty Free • Globe, Earth
16. Guide students as they point up, down, right and left to review the compass directions – north, south, east and west respectively.
17. Have the students stand back, then demonstrate how to draw the compass rose next to the teacher card. Mark all directions
18. Tell the students that they can now finish labeling or coloring in the incomplete parts of their drawings. Have everyone check their work after they’ve finished labeling everything by comparing their card to yours shown under the document camera.
Continents And Oceans
19. While the students are working on their homework, go around the room for comprehension. Take anecdotal notes and help students as needed.
20. When enough time has passed, have them finish what they are working on and tape their world map handout in their interactive social studies notebook.
1. Ask students to turn to a partner to share 3 interesting things they learned about world maps after today’s lesson. After 2-3 minutes, ask a few students to share one of their answers.
Blank Oceans And Continents
3. Explain that students can answer their questions by creating a web if they wish.
4. Praise students for their efforts and remind them to keep thinking, reading, and learning about Earth’s continents and oceans!
5. For homework, have students take home and share their interactive social studies notebooks with a family member or friend. For extra points, have them come up with 1 or 2 fun facts about a continent, ocean, or equator to share in their next social studies lesson.
Continents And Oceans Unit Study World Map Digital Download
A) The teacher observes and listens to students’ answers during the lesson to see how they can find different areas and how they label their maps.
B) The teacher later collects the students’ interactive social studies notes to map their world map and reflective records for understanding.
C) The teacher can group a group of students who need extra guidance or help and work directly with them.
Continents Printable Activities For Geography Fun (free)
VI) INTEGRATION OF TECHNOLOGY – This lesson requires a CCTV camera to display a magnified image of the teacher’s world map handout. In a simple and visual way, maps show the information of the world. By showing the size and shape of nations, the location of features, and the distance between locations, they learn about the world. Maps can show the distribution of objects, such as settlement patterns, across the land.
A world map is a map of most or all of the Earth’s surface. Because of their scale, world maps have to deal with the problem of prediction. Maps presented in 2D necessarily distort the view of the 3D surface of the earth. While this is true for any map, this distortion is extreme in the world map. Many techniques have been developed to render world maps that serve various technical and aesthetic purposes. Preparing a map of the world requires a global knowledge of the earth, its oceans and continents. It was impossible to create an accurate world map from prehistory to the Middle Ages, because less than half of the Earth’s coastlines and only a small portion of its continental interior were known to any culture. Knowledge of the earth’s surface accumulated rapidly with the beginning of exploration during the European Renaissance, so many coastlines
Free blank map of continents and oceans to label, continents and oceans worksheet, continents and oceans blank worksheet, free printable continents and oceans worksheet, continents and oceans of the world blank, continents and oceans of the world, blank map of continents and oceans worksheet, blank continents worksheet, continents and oceans of the world worksheet, blank continents and oceans map, blank map of 7 continents and 5 oceans, continents and oceans worksheet free
Thank you for visiting Continents And Oceans Of The World Blank Worksheet. There are a lot of beautiful templates out there, but it can be easy to feel like a lot of the best cost a ridiculous amount of money, require special design. And if at this time you are looking for information and ideas regarding the Continents And Oceans Of The World Blank Worksheet then, you are in the perfect place. Get this Continents And Oceans Of The World Blank Worksheet for free here. We hope this post Continents And Oceans Of The World Blank Worksheet inspired you and help you what you are looking for.
Continents And Oceans Of The World Blank Worksheet was posted in December 22, 2022 at 9:02 am. If you wanna have it as yours, please click the Pictures and you will go to click right mouse then Save Image As and Click Save and download the Continents And Oceans Of The World Blank Worksheet Picture.. Don’t forget to share this picture with others via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or other social medias! we do hope you'll get inspired by SampleTemplates123... Thanks again! If you have any DMCA issues on this post, please contact us!